Area of Technology:Engineering Sciences
Title of the Innovation: COASTAL OBSERVER AND LIFE SAFER
Brief About Innovation
Since ancient time humans are interactive with water bodies such as river,lake,pond,Ocean for fishing, recreation, travel and for numerous needs. During emergency or accidental situation if the person falls in water, it is often difficult to locate and approach him for recovery. More than half of the persons who fall in water are not recovered alive, mainly due to the delay in rescue operation. The rescue operation is also greatly biased by the agility of the rescuer, harsh weather condition etc.
The present way of using life buoy for rescue requires the ship/boat to be very close to the drowning person. The drowning person may be required to traverse towards the life buoy and if the person is non swimmer then this could be even fatal.The patent filed apparatus can be commercialised which could result in mimisation of fatalities due to drowning victims. “The need for life saver was conceived from the idea of moving life buoy”
The system has the following features for rescue of person in any water body.
1) Rapid approach towards drowning person.
2) Ability to perform rescue in harsh environmental condition.
3) The life of rescuer is safe as he needs to operate the equipment only.
4) Ergonomic handling. Can be easily thrown from ship/boat (any orientation) or from beach for rescue.
5) Easily operable
6) Operational range of 5 nautical miles
7) Top speed of 8 knots
8) More than 5hours of power autonomy
Technology Readiness Level: TRL 8 (Developed and Demonstrated)
Copyright © 2023. NRDC - All Rights Reserved
Designed and Developed by Maxtra Technologies.