Area of Technology:Engineering Sciences
Title of the Innovation: Sphere Lapping attachment for CNC Lathe
Brief About Innovation
Sphere Lapping attachment for CNC Lathe
Spherical Lapping- Machine System has been developed to produce very accurate spherical surfaces on a variety of components and materials. This system can provide the output of form (sphericity) less than 0.008 mm and surface roughness value (Ra) less than 0.03 micrometer is obtained on scratch-free, mirror finish high-quality surfaces
• Attachment for CNC lathe, easy to mount on VDI 30 or VDI 40 turret, Turned sphere balls are lapped, Sphere to be lapped is being held in machine spindle.
Status of Commercialization:
• Ready for Technology Transfer
Level of Development :
• Quality wise attachment can provide the
output of form (sphericity) less than 0.008
mm and surface roughness
value (Ra) less than 0.03 micrometer
Major Raw Materials to be Utilized:
• Generally cast Iron tool and for finishing
process standard felt. Process uses lapping
paste with different grades.
Major Plant Equipment and Machines
• CNC lathe and Electric power to run its
• It is unique attachment for CNC lathe.
• Attachment used to produce finishing
process on spherical balls.
• Attachment is economical.
• Form and surface finish
achieved is in micrometer level.
• Design and drawings, technical document, consumable details and bill of material
Copyright © 2023. NRDC - All Rights Reserved
Designed and Developed by Maxtra Technologies.