Area of Technology:Engineering Sciences
Title of the Innovation: Steel-carbon Nano Tube Metal Matrix Composites
Brief About Innovation
Steel - Carbon Nano Tube Metal Matrix
Steel - carbon nanotube metal matrix composites are an emerging class of new materials that are being developed to take advantage of the high tensile strength, light-weight and high electrical conductivity of carbon nanotube materials.
• High strength
• Light weight
• Complex-geometry parts
• Less lead-time
• Maximum build volume: 250X 250X 150 mm
• Matrix material : Stainless Steel
• Reinforcement material: Carbon Nanotubes
Level of Development :
• TRL 3
Status of Commercialization:
• Ready for Technology Transfer
Major Raw materials Utilized:
• Steel powders
• Carbon nanotubes
Major Plant Equipment and Machines
• Direct Metal Laser Sintering additive manufacturing machine and General purpose manufacturing facilities like lathe, milling and grinding machines etc.
• Potential exists for manufacturing of high strength and light-weight complex parts for Aerospace, Automotive, Energy etc.
• Methodology & Process parameters
Copyright © 2023. NRDC - All Rights Reserved
Designed and Developed by Maxtra Technologies.